- Performance Polymers Unit
MODIC™ offers two technologies designed to be used as a tie-resin or for peelable purposes:
MODIC™ ACID-GRAFTED POLYMER (TIE RESIN)
MODIC™ tie-layer resin is acid grafted polyolefin forming a layer or a coating which provides adhesion between materials that have poor affinity. Formulations are adapted to PE, PP, EVOH, PA, PS, PET, PBT, PC, metal and glass and may be used for:
- Film (cast film, blown film)
- Multi-layer sheet
- Pipe Coating
- Blow molding (bottles, containers)
- Coupling agent / compatiblizer (plastic with glass and natural fiber)
- Adhesive promoter for injected or extruded multi-material parts
- Extrusion coating and lamination
PEELABLE SEALANT RESIN
MODIC™ PEELABLE MODIFIED POLYMER-ALLOY (PEELABLE SEALANT RESIN)
Modic™-Peelable easy peelable sealant resins are designed through our wide experience in polymer modifications and compounding technologies.
These polymer alloys are used in various lidding film applications for smooth & easy peel functions with little or no residue after peeling.
It can be used in a wide range of heat seal temperatures to achieve stable & uniform seal/peel characteristics. We have various direct food compliant grades for PP; PS; PE; PET & PLA substrates.
Our resins are suitable for conventional processing such as blown or cast film and also by lamination.
- MULTILAYER TUBES AND COATED PIPES
Adhesive solutions to manufacture tubes made of functional multilayers and coated steel pipes
- ALUMINUM COMPOSITE PANELS
Adhesive tie resin for sandwich structure like aluminum / polyethylene (PE) / aluminum composite panels.