Personal Information Protection Policy
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (hereinafter “MCC”) recognizes the appropriate protection of personal information (meaning the “personal information” specified in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information; the same applies below) related to the Performance Products Business and the Chemicals Business as a serious responsibility. Therefore MCC handles personal information under the following policies to fulfill this responsibility.
- 1.1.MCC will comply with the related laws and regulations, including the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and handle it appropriately in accordance with practices concerning the handling of personal information that are generally accepted as fair and reasonable. In addition, we will make efforts to improve the handling as appropriate.
- 2.MCC will clarify the rules concerning the handling of personal information and ensure that our employees are informed of them. In addition, we will request our business partners to handle personal information appropriately as well.
- 3.In acquiring personal information, MCC will handle the personal information by following the purpose of use below. Where the purpose of use is expressly stated for each service, we will acquire and use personal information following the purpose. In the case of acquiring personal information for other purposes, we will provide advance notification.
【Purpose of use】
- To respond to inquiries and requests for catalogs and other reference materials
- To provide products, services and related information of the Mitsubishi Chemical Group (meaning the group consisting of Mitsubishi Chemical Group Corporation and its Japanese and overseas subsidiaries and affiliate companies in which Mitsubishi Chemical Group Corporation invests, either directly or indirectly) including our group companies
- To proceed with the employment selection procedures for job applicants and the relevant internal procedures
- To exercise rights and to perform obligations based on laws and regulations, and to execute other operations related to business activities in the Mitsubishi Chemical Group
- 4.MCC will not disclose or provide the personal information that we acquire to any third party unless it falls under one of the following items.
In addition to the above, in order to use the personal information jointly within the scope of the previously stated purpose of use, including answering inquiries appropriately, we may disclose to the Mitsubishi Chemical Group companies, their agencies, their business alliance companies, their outsourcing companies, etc. In the event of disclosure to affiliate companies outside Japan, we will obtain the prior consent of the individual concerned.
- In the cases of disclosure with your permission
- In the cases where laws or regulations are applicable, or in the cases of disclosure in response to requests based on relevant laws or regulations
* The Mitsubishi Chemical Group Companies
● Mitsubishi Chemical Group Corporation > List of subsidiaries/affiliates ● Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation > List of subsidiaries/affiliates ● Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation > List of subsidiaries/affiliates ● Nippon Sanso Holdings Corporation > List of subsidiaries/affiliates
- 5.To prevent the leakage, loss and alteration of personal information, we will take the necessary measures and manage it appropriately under the management supervisor.
- 6.With regard to the personal information we acquire through this website, in the event that the individual concerned requests for the notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, removal, suspension of use or deletion, we will respond to it appropriately after confirming that it is from the individual concerned. To make requests above, please send it to the address provided in Section 7 below.
- 7.Should you have any inquiries or complaints concerning our handling of personal information, please contact us below.
- Legal Division, Mitsubishi Chemical Group Corporation
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
1-1, Marunouchi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku Tokyo