- New Business Development Group, Separator and Aqua Chemicals Dept.
ZEBREX™ (zeolite membrane dehydration process) increases production capacity.
The ZEBREX™ dehydration system is expected to increase production capacity by 15–25% compared to the PSA process (pressure swing adsorption method, which is frequently used at existing bioethanol plants).
ZEBREX™ (zeolite membrane dehydration process) reduces energy cost.
- ZEBREX™ reduces overall operation cost compared to a conventional PSA process.
- The ZEBREX™ dehydration system does not require the regeneration because it is able to continuously separate water and ethanol, while the conventional PSA process uses considerable energy. For this reason it is able to reduce steam consumption (utility costs) significantly compared to the PSA process.
[OPEX comparison and targeting]
ZEBREX™ (zeolite membrane dehydration process) is easy to install and start up.
- ZEBREX™units are mounted on a skid for easy field installation.
- ZEBREX™ process eliminates energy intensive pre-drying operation associated with the PSA process.
[Packaged drop-in skid mounted units]
①2nd-No.1 ②2nd-No.2 ③2nd-No.3 ④1st-No.1 Module ⑤1st-No.2 Module
⑥1st-No.3 Membrane Module ⑦⑧Membrane ⑨No.1 Permeate Condenser
⑩No.1 Permeate Tank ⑪Vapor Compressor ⑫No.2 Condenser
⑬Permeate ⑭No.2 Permeate Tank ⑮Permeate Pump ⑯Vacuum Pump
ZEBREX™ can improve your ethanol plant profitability
ZEBREX™ increases production with a low CAPEX.
ZEBREX™ ensures future low energy compliance.
ZEBREX™ helps EP3 qualification by lowering energy consumption.
ZEBREX™ increases production at low CAPEX.
Separation by Membrane
Ethanol and water are separated by the sharp selectivity of the zeolite, to produce 99.5% purity ethanol and recycle water in a single pass.