- Performance Additives Dept.
DIACARNA™ is a synthetic wax copolymer of α-olefin and maleic anhydride. It serves a wide variety of applications including use as resin molding lubricants, mold release agents, compatibility agents, binders for thermal-printing inks, etc.
Japan Poisonous and Deleterious Substances Control Law: Not applicable
Japan Fire Services Law: Specified combustibles (flammable solids)
DIACARNA™ is a copolymer of an α-olefin and maleic anhydride. It is a wax-like compound with the following basic structure.
- Due to the polar maleic anhydride group, its dispersibility is superior to that of natural wax or other synthetic waxes.
- Its outstanding resistance to thermal degradation makes it especially well-suited for high temperature applications such as engineering plastic processing.
- Having both a non-polar (α-olefin) structure and a polar (maleic anhydride) structure, it is useful as a compatibility accelerator to facilitate the mixing of non-polar and polar species.
- Resin compounds: lubricants, dispersants, mold release agents, compatibility agents, resin property modification agents.
* It is especially well-suited for high-temperature engineering plastic fabrication.
- Dispersing Agents for non-aqueous solutions: Dispersion of carbon black, pigments, fillers, etc
- Binders for thermal-printing inks
- Car wax
Lineup / Specifications
|Grade Name||DIACARNA™ 30|
|Appearance||Pale yellow-white solid|
|Melting Point (℃)||70～76|
|Melt Viscosity (mPa・s, 100℃)||140～210|
|Saponification value (mgKOH/g)||95～110|