- Carbon Black & Synthetic Rubber Unit
MITSUBISHI™ Carbon Black is a black pigment that has been used in a wide range of fields such as newspaper ink, printing ink, colored resin, paint, toner, colored paper, India ink, and ceramics.
Various grades of carbon blacks are available ranging from all- purpose grade to high-grade. In addition, our line of products includes industrial and environmentally-friendly carbon blacks.
- CAS No.1333-86-4
- Carbon Black Association Handbook 3rd edition (Ref. 1)
- Carbon Black Association Annual Report No.61 (2011) (Ref. 2)
Carbon black is a particle mainly composed of carbons that is produced by the incomplete combustion of oil and gas. There are several methods of manufacturing carbon black. At Mitsubishi Chemicals, we use the furnace method (furnace black) where product is yield from incomplete combustion of reactants by introducing coal-based oil or petroleum into hot gas stream.
We manufacture carbon black under consistent quality control throughout the process beginning from raw material processing to the final products.
As a pioneer in the industry, we have established lot control standards in close collaboration with our customers, and we are committed to maintenance and management of high quality products. Moreover, we have consideration for the safety of carbon black. We will continue to provide carbon black products that have been tested negative by the mutagenicity test (AMES test).
- We are constantly developing specialized functional carbon black. For additional products that are not listed here, please contact us.
- Technical and development experts will cater to the needs of our customers. We are also available to support with various analyses towards problem solving.
- As we have mentioned above, we offer a wide range of user-friendly products and the customer services.
- Paint (high quality, intermediate quality, all-purpose paint, toning paint)
- Printing inks (commercial offset lithographic ink, newspaper ink, photogravure ink, water-color ink)
- Colored resin (polyolefin, styrene resin, vinyl chloride, engineering plastics)
- Prevention of ultraviolet induced degradation
Storage and Handling
- Obtain instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood.
- Wear protective goggles, gloves and face shield.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while handling this product.
- Do not breathe dust.
- Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
- If you have a concern about product exposure, seek medical advice.
- Store away from other substances.
- Store in a cool well-ventilated place.
- Store in locked cabinet.
- Keep away from flame.
- Dispose according to the regulations of county, state or country.