- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- PHL & BPA Gr. Derivatives 1 Dept.
Acetone is an amphiphilic liquid that dries easily. It is a widely used solvent for paints, adhesives, and many other applications. Mitsubishi Chemical features very high purity acetone.
- CAS: No. 67-64-1 (T)
- EINECS: No. 200-662-2
- Japan, Chemical Substances Control Law: METI-No. 2-542
- Japan, Poisonous and Deleterious Substances Control Law: Not applicable.
- Japan, Fire Services Law: Hazardous material Class 4 Petroleums No.1 (water-soluble liquid).
Acetone is the ketone with the simplest structure which results in high solubility for a very wide range of organic materials. At room temperature, acetone's high volatility means that it is a fast-drying solvent which is very useful for many applications.
|Japan, Chemical Substances Control Law METI-No.||2-542|
|Melting Point (℃)||-94|
|Boiling Point (℃)||56|
|Flash Point (℃)||-21|
|Autoignition Temperature (℃)||540|
|Flammability Range (%)||2.6～12.8|
Mitsubishi Chemical's acetone is very high purity.
It is used as a solvent for paints and coatings, adhesives, cosmetics, and many other applications. It is also used as a raw material in the production of bisphenol A (an epoxy resin raw material) and of methyl methacrylate.