Establishment of Mitsubishi Chemical Group Human Rights Policy
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (MCC; Head Office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, President: Masayuki Waga) announced today that it has developed Mitsubishi Chemical Group Human Rights Policy in line with the "Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (the "Guiding Principles")" approved by the United Nations Human Rights Council in 2011.
MCC Group aims to "Realize KAITEKI" which represents our Vision to provide solutions to environmental and social issues, and contribute to the sustainable development of people, society, and the earth. With this Vision, we have strived to be a trusted MCC Group by respecting human rights, and now announces the launch of MCC Group Human Rights Policy, which governs all other human rights-related policies within the Group and complements our Mission and Basic Management Policy. This Policy outlines our approach to human rights in all of our business activities. Moving forward, we work to identify, prevent and mitigate, and account for negative impacts on human rights relevant to our business activities based on the concept of human rights due diligence as set out in the Guiding Principles.
Summary of "Mitsubishi Chemical Group Human Rights Policy"
Scope of application
- The Policy applies to all officers and members of MCC Group
- We expect our all business partners to understand and comply with the principles in this Policy
- Respect human rights across the value chain and respect international standards/norms
- Conduct human rights due diligence
- Identify, prevent, mitigate and account for human rights issues
- Strive to remedy in case we have caused human rights infringements
- Seek ways to help mitigate negative human rights impacts even if we have not directly caused them
- Work to address important human rights issues within the Group and its value chain
- Work to optimize our structure that enables whistle blowing on human rights infringements
- Provide education to officers and members, and continue efforts to ensure diversity and inclusion
- Monitor and periodically disclose the progress of the Group’s efforts