- Building Products Sales & Marketing Group,
Functional Molding Products Dept.
Polyester-based plastic film-laminated steel sheetsEXUM™
EXUM incorporates galvanized steel sheets, stainless steel sheets, and aluminum alloy sheets as a base material. EXUM is a polyester-based plastic film-laminated steel sheet manufactured by our multi-layer extrusion technology.
This material is primarily used in interior applications due to the combination of metal strength, workability, and design qualities.
- EXUM has a surface hardness higher than PVC film and polyolefin film.
- Many options are available including solid colors, printed patterns, high-gloss options to satisfy various design requirements.
- This material has excellent bending properties.
- EXUM can have a vivid appearance with the mirror finish.
EXUM is utilized in various interior applications due to its beautiful appearance and excellent workability.
- interior applications
: Unit baths, elevators, etc.
- Low-current devices
: Refrigerators, etc.
Manufacturing Scope and Order Conditions
A lot of 2.5 tons or more is required to order a product having the same specifications such as the same sheet thickness, width, color and embossing.
- *Please order in lots of at least 2.5 tons as special request lots smaller than this will require an extra fee.
|Specific test||Test conditions||Criteria||EXUM|
6 mm extrusion
|25±5°C||No separation||Nothing abnormal|
|Bendability||Adhesion and bending test||25±5°C, 0 T||No cracking, breakage,
at low temperature
|90° bend test||0±1°C, R=2||No cracking, breakage,
|Resistance to boiling water||Dipping in boiling water||Submerged in water for 5 minutes
after 60 minutes of immersion
|No shrinkage, cracking, breakage, creasing, separation, and marked fading||Nothing abnormal|
|Chemical resistance||5-minute immersion
|10% hydrochloric acid||No rust, stain, and marked fading||Nothing abnormal|
|Saturated calcium hydroxide|
|10% sulfuric acid|
|Aqueous solution of sodium hydroxide (100 g/L)|
|Corrosion resistance||Complies with salt spray test
JIS Z 2371
|JIS K 6744
Type C: 1,000 hours
|No rust||Nothing abnormal|
|Self-extinguishability||Gas burner heating for 20 seconds||Extinguishes immediately||Extinguishes immediately within 10 seconds|
- *1 The data described above represents the specified values in our company and does not represent guaranteed values.
- *2 Please contact us to inquire on the certification of fire-resistant materials.