- Fine Chemicals Dept.
4HBA, with a primary hydroxyl group at the end of a longer alkyl chain, gives excellent scratch resistance due to its high crosslinking ratio and unique flexibility
- 4HBA is the acrylic ester which has a hydroxyl functional group and a double bond group in the molecule.
- Various vinyl monomers can be copolymerized with 4HBA.
- Polymers co-polymerized with 4HBA achieve a higher crosslinking ratio with curing agents.
- Paint and coating materials (excellent scratch resistance, mechanical properties, and acid rain resistance )
- Waterborne coatings.
- Powder coatings.
- UV/EB curable composition
- Pressure sensitive adhesives（PSA）
|Specific gravity (20/4°C)||1.041|
|Viscosity (25℃）||10.2cps mPa･s|
|Solubility in water in organic solvents||Completely soluble Miscible|