Polyhydroxy polyolefin oligomerPOLYTAIL™
POLYTAIL™ is a polyhydroxy polyolefin oligomer developed using Mitsubishi Chemical's proprietary catalyst technology. It has a polyolefin skeleton and a terminal hydroxyl (-OH) group. By adding to polyolefin elastomers such as EPDM, etc., POLYTAIL™ creates adhesive, flexibility, lubrication, and dispersive properties.
CAS: No. 68954-10-9 (T)
Japan Chemical Mfg. Reg.: No.6-749
Fire Services Law: Specified combustibles
POLYTAIL™ has a polyolefin oligomer structure in the main chain and a hydroxyl group (-OH) at the end. It has the following basic structure.
|Japan, Chemical Substances Control Law METI-No.||（6）－749|
- It has good compatibility with polyolefin elastomers, such as EPDM.
- Adhesiveness, pliability, lubricating properties, dispersibility, etc. can be created by adding to a polyolefin resin or rubber.
- By various reactions using the terminal hydroxyl group, various polymer syntheses and denaturation are possible.
- Resin compounds: Molding adhesion improvementagents, lubricants, dispersants, compatibility agents.
* It is especially suitable for polyolefin resins, such as polypropylene and EPDM.
- Polyolefin coating materials
- Sealant materials and waterproof seals
- Electrical insulation materials
Lineup / Specifications
|Grade Name||POLYTAIL™ H|
|Appearance||Pale brown solid|
|Melting Point (℃)||60～70|
|Melt Viscosity (mPa・s, 100℃)||1000～1600|
|Iodine Value (g/100g)||<5|
|Hydroxyl group value (mgKOH/g)||45～50|