- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Fibers Materials Unit
This fiber is lightweight with a specific gravity of 0.91 and hydrophobic (official moisture content of 0%). It also has excellent chemical resistance and can be easily recycled. Pylen is often used in applications that require extended functionality, such as industrial materials, carpets, and clothing.
- It also has light resistance properties due to the use of an improved light resistance stabilizer, and so it is suitable for use in indoor and outdoor applications. With excellent hydrophobicity, this material is stain-resistant. It is also lightweight and portable.
- It is also used in wet filtration fabric applications due to its chemical resistance properties regarding both acids and alkalies.
- We also have products available that incorporate functional agents that give material other properties such as flame-retardant, antimicrobial, and insect-repellent (carpet) properties.
- We also offer the Pylen™ DIII material for use with cellulose composites and designed as a lightweight, insulating material for apparel.
- Nets for temporary scaffolding