- Sales and Marketing Department, Yupo Corporation
Yupo, a JV with Oji Holdings and Mitsubishi Chemical
Online exhibition Cost and Lead time reduction by Yupo In-Mold Label (IM-L)
Characteristic and Advantages
- No need to stick label. YUPO IM-L process achieves molding and labeling at one time.
- No wastage from release liner
- Stronger label bonding strength to the bottle.
- Yupo IM-L is applied in various industries.
Pressure Sensitive Label
- Caution label for "TOYOTA, PRIUS & AQUA" reservoir tank
- Product label for hair care bottles and for cup/lid of food containers.
Proposal for the future
- Since Yupo IM-L can be fused with bottle during molding process, it eliminates post-labeling process such as Pressure Sensitive label and Shrink sleeves. This enables to achieve shorteｒ lead-time and cost reduction in total production process of commercial products．
- Yupo IM-L is more environmental friendly because it does not require a release-liner unlike PS label.
- IM-L can contribute to reduce resin consumption for bottle as the label becomes a part of bottle.
Example： Caution Label for "Prius/Aqua" reservoir tank
⇒60mm×37mm(label size)×0.14mm(label thickness)×0.9g/㎡(label density)×Sales amount(220,000/year) = 62kg reduction per year
- IM-L can contribute to reduce CO2 emissions because it does not require such post-labeling process emitting certain amount of CO2.