Characteristics and Advantages
- Metamaterial-based lightweight sound insulators achieve the insulation performance beyond
- Light weight up to 85%-off can be achieved while maintaining the insulation performance (Figure 1).
- Insulation frequency is controllable, and especially applied to the frequency region under 1 kHz.
- Our simple metamaterial structure is suitable for mass production (Figure 2).
Fig.1 Lightweight performance
Fig.2 Structure & Sample Sheet Photo
- Improvement of cabin quietness by insulating various sounds generated from each part of the vehicle.
Proposal for the future
- Our metamaterial sheet has a function as an acoustic filter. Applied to the accuracy improvement
of the voice recognition technology.
Light Weight Sound Insulators for Low Tone Noise (based on Acoustic Metamaterial Technology)（[PDF]554 KB）