NOVADURAN is a name of a polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) resin made and sold by Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics.
NOVADURAN offers excellent mechanical properties, rigidity, heat aging resistance and chemical resistance. NOVADURAN also provides superb moldability, abrasion resistance, colorability and electric properties.
PBT resin is a polyester resin by polycondensation of terephthalic acid (TPA) and 1,4-Butanediol (1,4-BG).
There are variety of grade for NOVADURAN, such as unreinforced, glassfiber (GF) reinforced, flame retardant, low gas , hydrolysis resistant, and low warpage, so choosing an appropriate grade depending on usage is possible.
Chemical structure of Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT) resin
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Excellent heat resistance
- Excellent moldability and flowability
- Low moisture absorption rate for high dimensional stability
- Excellent surface gloss and color
- Excellent oil and chemical resistance
- Excellent electrical properties
- Excellent friction and abrasion resistance
- Flame retardant grades also available
Recently, demand for NOVADURAN (PBT resin) has been rapidly expanding in the electronics, and automobiles industries.
Function Appealing Grade
Lineup / Specifications